Smoke Alarm Safety for Stanton?
Stanton residents need to know.
Have you tested your smoke alarms lately? Smoke alarms are an essential part of a home fire escape plan. They provide an early warning so you can get out quickly. SERVPRO® of Norfolk witnesses firsthand the difference properly installed and maintained smoke detectors can make. Here is some information on smoke alarms from the National Fire Protection Association:
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions, yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
Call Us Today!
You never know when you may need fire damage restoration services for your Stanton home or commercial business, but when you do, you can rely on the professionals at SERVPRO® of Norfolk to restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 402-370-2460.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.