Fire Damage Tips for Madison?
First, ask yourself if it is safe to stay in the house.
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.