Water Damage Tips for South Sioux City?
South Sioux City residents and commercial businesses can trust SERVPRO® of Norfolk to quickly and efficiently restore water damage. Here are some water damage tips from our website:
First, ask yourself if it is safe to stay in the house.
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
South Sioux City residents and businesses can count on SERVPRO® of Norfolk to restore water damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 402-370-2460.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.